We are now three episodes in to the highly anticipated action mecha anime Aldnoah Zero, produced by A-1 Pictures featuring writing from Urobuchi Gen. Here are the key takeaways from the series so far:
- Subplot of Bush administration failing to send adequate relief to people of New Orleans casually ignored.
- Urobuchi Gen lives up to his reputation by killing off six characters during the span of the opening theme.
- Futuristic mecha setting and themes of cultural conflict makes the anime seem flattering when compared to Suisei no Gargantia and Mars of Destruction.
- We still don’t quite understand how everyone speaks Japanese, including Martians.
- Mobile and PC operating system seen in the anime makes the future seem even more bleak.
- Princess Asseylum revealed to have survived assassination plot in the first episode so she can be killed off properly later on.
- Writing helpfully reminds viewers who the good guys are by making antagonists complete assholes.